Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come.
Today is all we have, Let us begin.
- Mother Theresa
We often see inspiring quotes and/or hear encouraging stories of people that make you want to dream bigger and see what tomorrow will be.
Is this wrong?
No, Of course not!
...However; recently I have been asked to ponder the thought of "Being Present".
Often society (and well, marketing) has turned our generation into tech-fad addicts waiting to pounce on the next big thing; the new iPhone that works twice as fast, the new dress & 9-inch heels, the new car with wi-fi inside the car (why you would need this to drive a car from A to B safetly.. I'm not even sure of), the new tablet that has triple the features than the previous OR that app that can predict your future babies face by merging two people's faces together (like really?).
Then, if it isn't society telling you to chase your dream and reach the corporate ladder then its those moments of doubt and repeated thoughts about what you did/didn't do, how you should have changed that or how you could have done that better.
Don't get me wrong or misquote me here.. I am all for dreaming big and chasing them at any cost and loving people passionately even though it can often get you burnt; but what I'm focusing (and in some ways being constantly challenged about is) being present, actually (if you're being honest with yourself) take the time to arrest the day and be aware that it is the moment you have to make the difference that your heart is crying out for.
I get being busy in life. Trust me.
My current world consists of schedules and appointments starting from 6am til 1030pm (on an average weekday), building teams, working in new role and managing multiple (sometimes ridiculously difficult) stakeholders at a professional services firm, finding time for family and friends, gym, travelling... and oh yes, rest.
Despite all of the above, I have been challenged (and constantly am) to live a life that means I'm being present and living the dream, wherever I am.
I know (from experience) that the midst of everything life throws at you, it is easier to be reactive where often mere survival is a challenge enough......but what if (just let me humour you for a moment) you were made in a very image of the creator of time to live each moment with purposeful intent and rather than a victim of circumstance.
Choose to live the dream, choose to have your eyes/ears/attitude open for you to take this day, this hour, this moment and be totally aware of where you are and live it with such passion.
After all, all we have is today, the present.
Much love,
Meenal
PS: This post was inspired by my church and expectancy across 40days of revival
Today is all we have, Let us begin.
- Mother Theresa
We often see inspiring quotes and/or hear encouraging stories of people that make you want to dream bigger and see what tomorrow will be.
Is this wrong?
No, Of course not!
...However; recently I have been asked to ponder the thought of "Being Present".
Often society (and well, marketing) has turned our generation into tech-fad addicts waiting to pounce on the next big thing; the new iPhone that works twice as fast, the new dress & 9-inch heels, the new car with wi-fi inside the car (why you would need this to drive a car from A to B safetly.. I'm not even sure of), the new tablet that has triple the features than the previous OR that app that can predict your future babies face by merging two people's faces together (like really?).
Then, if it isn't society telling you to chase your dream and reach the corporate ladder then its those moments of doubt and repeated thoughts about what you did/didn't do, how you should have changed that or how you could have done that better.
Don't get me wrong or misquote me here.. I am all for dreaming big and chasing them at any cost and loving people passionately even though it can often get you burnt; but what I'm focusing (and in some ways being constantly challenged about is) being present, actually (if you're being honest with yourself) take the time to arrest the day and be aware that it is the moment you have to make the difference that your heart is crying out for.
I get being busy in life. Trust me.
My current world consists of schedules and appointments starting from 6am til 1030pm (on an average weekday), building teams, working in new role and managing multiple (sometimes ridiculously difficult) stakeholders at a professional services firm, finding time for family and friends, gym, travelling... and oh yes, rest.
Despite all of the above, I have been challenged (and constantly am) to live a life that means I'm being present and living the dream, wherever I am.
I know (from experience) that the midst of everything life throws at you, it is easier to be reactive where often mere survival is a challenge enough......but what if (just let me humour you for a moment) you were made in a very image of the creator of time to live each moment with purposeful intent and rather than a victim of circumstance.
Choose to live the dream, choose to have your eyes/ears/attitude open for you to take this day, this hour, this moment and be totally aware of where you are and live it with such passion.
After all, all we have is today, the present.
Much love,
Meenal
PS: This post was inspired by my church and expectancy across 40days of revival
No comments:
Post a Comment