You can't help getting older. But you don't have to get old.
This week has been a world-wind. I can honestly say I am so undeserving of this love but am going to embrace it! I have so eloquently labelled the past week #birthdayweek. The week went something like this:
- Sunday - Flowers, technically had to give these back and were only "temporarily given" due to a small glitche in logistics.. but something I am still laughing at today.
- Monday - Surprise Sushi eating contest! 36/50 pieces! (May never eat sushi again but definitely had a great laugh!)
- Tuesday - My actual birthday with some 400+ text messages/calls/facebook posts and emails! Yikes.. and if that wasn't enough - cake with friends at night with a serenaded birthday song labelled "Brown girl".
- Wednesday - Lunch with a view and oriental lillies at the Ivy pool.
- Thursday - After work dinner at a new cute restaurant labelled "Chalkboard cafe" on Young Street, Waterloo.
- Friday - After work drinks and dinner at one of my all time favourite places Al Aseel with enough food to feed an army! (Including their amazing garlic lemon chicken)
- Saturday - Woke up to go surfing up in Manly (probably the most fun you could have and seriously blessed to go surfing in the middle of Autumn!) and then finishing the best week ever off with dinner with some close friends at SugarCane followed by Karoke!
The funny thing is that despite this amazing week... if I was completely honest, I had initially been dreading turning twenty-four & found myself a tad fearful of it.
Why? Good Question.
Well, being a girl - I tended to have 5 year plan.. and at twenty-four you realise that you're in your mid-twenties and no longer have the luxury of blaming (or excusing) your shortfalls and mistakes on being naive.
This being said, I have since realised - I can eat my own words..
1. I have an incredible family and amazing friends who love me (and for anyone reading this, don't ever get complacent in having those people that love you and care about you in your world - let them in)
2. I get to literally get to live the dream every morning; either getting to work in marketing strategy, doing college, church leadership & getting to choose to fight daily in following a God that lets me chase after the biggest dreams, with a hope and a future!


No comments:
Post a Comment