Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Fog.

Fog (verb): a cloudlike mass or layer of minute water droplets or ice crystals near the surface of the earth, appreciably reducing visibility.

Fog (Synonyms): blur, dim, obscure, mist, darken, haze.
On Sunday morning I woke up with this view as I was driving home from my cousin’s place:


  

The air was thick with a haze and I found myself struggling to drive down the main road, given the amount of light/haze about. This combined with lack of sleep got me thinking; how often do we live our lives with this obscured view and struggle to make a move in any direction because of the feeling we have to move forward.
Today, a few days after I have been pondering this for some time have realised that fog (metaphorically of course) is a choice that we choose daily.

Like it says in 1 Cor 13:12 (Message): 
“We don't yet see things clearly. We're squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won't be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We'll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us!”.

Fog (Antonyms): Clarity, clarify, clear.

This next season, whatever it looks like for you – I challenge you to not focus on the haze/possibilities of the what if or even look to the left or right with other choices you could make; but choose him. The God above all who loves you for who you are and he will show you the path that you (and me personally) need to take. 

Whether that means to drive straight in (use your high beams) and drive slowly with caution or Whether that means pausing on the side of the road (take a break and rest in him).

Choosing to Live the dream may not always be clear or cosy, but I know it is the best decision I’ve ever made.

Much love,
Meenal
PS: This post is dedicated to my friend, Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment