2013 - Was my year of going back to basics with my loves; whether it be getting deeper into the word of God, figuring out that I love writing, restoring moments where I had to learn what true rest meant and valuing the most things in life - My family & friends.
Last year was a whirlwind in every sense, starting from ringing in the new year inside the Empire State building in NYC with some amazing friends and kicking off a new role in a dream environment that I can honestly only put to the grace of God to be in. This soon led to an incredible 24th birthday that was almost a week long (now forever known as birthday week!) and closing out with finding my true romantic heart with a special someone.
Despite the challenges, tears, weaknesses and long nights - it was a year where I got to chase everything God had in store like never before and don't for a minute regret any of it!
With each new year, I take some time out to evaluate my goals, dreams and visions - both past, present and for what's to come.e Afterall, a new year is a blank slate of endless possibilities (funny how a countdown with fireworks can do wonders with one's perspective!)
Although I don't really believe in new year resolutions - given their fluidity and lack of purpose - I do strongly encourage myself (and you) to set (and write down!) clear, measurable and realistic (unless their a crazy vision which I am never one to knock down but forever cheer on with God's strength) short and long term goals.
I was reading an article recently about making resolutions last and something almost profound stood out and I had to share, based on Dallas Willard's personal transformation logic.
Make sure your resolution has:
1. Vision - Where do you see yourself on the first of Jan 2015? How do you want to spend this year and what is desired end state?
2. Intention - What your true desire that will push you to get there? Something I have always said is ask yourself why you started? I honestly believe this has got the power to unlock some of the greatest inventions, businesses and dreams!
3. Means - What tools do you need to get this done? Is it the practical items like new running shoes so you're making your way to a fitter body in the most safest way possible, or is being able to network like never before so that you can learn what you need to in the best way possible (through other people's mistakes and wins).
For further reading - http://www.relevantmagazine.com/life/4-ways-make-your-new-year%E2%80%99s-resolutions-count
Overall, I feel like a expectant mum ready to tackle this year - but if nothing else, do write down where you see yourself 1 year from now. If you're anything like me - once you start writing, you may even surprise yourself at your audacity to believe that this could be your best year ever!
Bring on 2014! Happy new year! "His heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord" Psalm 112:7
Much love,
Meenal xx
No comments:
Post a Comment