Friday, 26 July 2013

I Heart Melb.

From hipster hot spots, coffee connoisseurs and the fashion hub, 
to the sporting marvels of the MCG and Rod Laver Arena 
to fresh tunes on each graffiti alleyway and a foodie's heaven.
This is Melbourne.

Despite having weekend getaways... this recent adventure gave me new insight (and I didn't even venture into the Crown once!)

...So Why was this trip amazing?

1. Authenticity - Being a Sydney sider, I hate to say this, but the people were probably twice as friendlier and actually bothered to say hi on public transport. #challenged This got me thinking, what if we all decided to actually smile and say hi to people on public transport. Not in a weird overly in your face manner, but when someone is sitting directly opposite you on that train or bus, smile - it could make a world of a difference!



2. Hidden bars and restaurants - There is something tantalizing and exciting about being in a city where the cultural heat beat is not ridiculously fast paced and people don't mind waiting for blazin' cocktail at the bar under Chin Chin 
or the smoothest coffee I've ever had at Patricia ..

3. Possibly the best part of my trip and the main purpose - the moment when 95,000+ Liverpool FC fans stood up to sing YNWA! Although it was a friendly and Suarez only played for the last 20 minutes, it is a night I will not forget anytime soon! 

Part of my heart is definitely left in Melbourne and another trip is to be planned soon, but for the moment being back home with family & friends is not something I'm taking for granted either...
Always a Sydney-sider at heart.


Much love,
Meenal



.









No comments:

Post a Comment